By EARL COX
Is there no end to the high-riding sports streak that the University of Louisville is on?
Let us count the glories:
1. A major bowl victory under football coach Charlie Strong.
2. Many of the football stars are returning for at least one more season, headed by top-ranked quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
3. National championship games for both men and women in basketball.
4. Nationally ranked men’s baseball and women’s softball teams.
5. Acceptance by the Atlantic Coast Conference, a tremendous boost for the Cardinals in football, and the basketball Cardinals will get to battle the likes of Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. And Syracuse is going with UofL into the ACC.
Just imagine the Cardinals clashing each season with coach K’s Blue Devils in the KFC YUM! CENTER.
Category: Earl Cox on Sports
About the Author (Author Profile)
Earl Cox, Sports Columnist
Earl doesn¹t just write about sports legends, he counts many of them as his
friends. A member of the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame, he has been writing
about sports for 60 years. Incidentally, that¹s about how long it’s been
since he¹s cleaned his desk but he knows where everything is.