The 12th Running of the Papa John’s 10 Miler, the final leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running is this Saturday, Mach 31. If Pius Nyantika, a 25-year old native of Kenya training in Louisville, wins the Papa John’s 10 Miler, Nyantika would become the first male Triple Crown winner since 2004.
More than 9,000 runners and walkers from 23 states are expected to participate in the in the Papa John’s 10 Miler race, sponsored by Novo Nordisk and presented by Nike.
The Kids Fun Runs will take place on the football field at 10:15AM for ages 3 to 10 years
Saturday, March 31, 2012, 8AM
- Start: Third Street and Central Avenue
- Finish: UofL Football Complex, Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, 50-Yard Hash Mark. Winners should arrive to the finish line at approx. 8:55AM –
- Course: Starts at Third Street near Central Avenue; travels down Southern Parkway, then through Iroquois Park; back up Southern Parkway to Third Street; crosses the Central Avenue overpass to Floyd Street; and finishes on the football field at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. (Course map is attached.)
- Papa John’s pizza, Heine Brothers coffee, Panera bagels, fruit from ValuMarket and Powerade for everyone
- Plenty of water along the course, sponsored by Louisville Water Company
Registration and packet pickup is Friday, March 30, B&W Club, Third Floor, Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, University of Louisville, 11AM to 7PM.
Registration and packet pickup on race day is Saturday, March 31, 6AM-7:30AM, Gate 4, Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.