The Louisville Ballet will celebrate its 60th with an anniversary gala on March 24 at the Louisville Marriott Downtown. The soiree also marks Bruce Simpson’s 10th year as artistic director of the company.
Louisville Ballet’s 60th Anniversary Gala
Friends and supporters of the Louisville Ballet.
Saturday, March 24, 2012, 6:30 p.m. – midnight.
Louisville Marriott Downtown, 280 West Jefferson.
Support for the Louisville Ballet’s 60th Anniversary Gala is provided by Churchill Downs, LG&E/KU, Brown-Forman, YUM! Brands Foundation, BB&T Insurance, Northwestern Mutual, Kelley Construction, Goldberg Simpson and Cassis Dermatology & Aesthetics Center.
Jill Byrne (Churchill Downs/TVG handicapper) and Heather French Henry (Miss America 2000) will co-emcee.
Tickets for the seated dinner are $150 per person. A $50 dessert and dancing ticket is also available. Visit www.louisvilleballet.org or call 502.583.3150 ext. 222 for more information.
The evening’s festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. with a cocktail hour featuring Brown-Forman products, followed by dinner, an auction and dancing. The event is formal attire. Guests will enjoy a live auction of luxury items, including an Oaks Day box courtesy of Churchill Downs, a fur jacket from Yudofsky Furriers, a Porsche driving event from Blue Grass Porsche and an intimate dinner party with Artistic Director Bruce Simpson.
The evening caps off with dancing to the music of The Bella Blue Band from 9 p.m. until midnight.
About the Company
Louisville Ballet, the official ballet of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, was founded in March 1952 as a civic ballet company.
Over the last 60 years, the company has grown from a small operation that employed guest artistic directors and choreographers on a production-by-production basis to the full-time professional company of 22 artists and 18 trainees it is today.
- The Louisville Ballet reaches more than 100,000 people annually through its Professional Company, School and Educational Outreach programs.
- The Louisville Ballet provides more than 3,000 children and families the opportunity to experience the holiday favorite, The Brown-Forman Nutcracker, free of charge through the Bridge the Gap program.
- The Company includes dancers from 16 states and 7 countries.
- The Professional Company of the Louisville Ballet has more than 70 World Premieres to its credit and a repertoire of more than 150 works by some of the most well respected choreographers of dance history.
- The Louisville Ballet holds the distinct honor of being the only regional ballet company with which Mikhail Baryshnikov has performed in repertoire productions. He danced with the Company during the 1978/1979 and 1979/1980 Seasons.
- The Louisville Ballet Center, located on East Main Street in downtown Louisville, received the Honor Award for Excellence in Architectural Design by the Kentucky chapter of the American Institute of Architects and was featured in the May 1997 edition of Architecture Magazine.